- Feeling out of body, accident prone and clumsy.
Balancing Influences from the Tree:
- Emotional strength, balance and grace.
Message: It's important to go deep below the physical level. These experiences maybe difficult but ultimately you will inherit a deeper understanding.
Qualities & Traits of the Gorse Essence – ‘The Trailblazer’:
- a natural-born pathfinder.
- a mover and a shaker, and will blaze a trail with fiery passion often gaining loyal followers to your cause.
- You are charming, gregarious and mingle easily with a broad mix of personalities. - Alder signs get along with everybody and everybody loves to hang around with you.
- This might be because Alders are easily confident and have a strong self-faith.
- This self-assurances is infectious and other people recognize this quality in you instantly.
- Alder Ogham tree astrology signs are very focused and dislike waste. - Consequently, they can see through superficialities and will not tolerate fluff.
- Alder people place high value on their time, and feel that wasting time is insufferable
- They are motivated by action and results. Alders pair well with Hawthorns, Oaks or even Birch signs.
Earth Months – Tree – Moon Cycle connection - Birthtree:
March 18 - April 14
From www.oghamtrees.com, by Ian Claxton, founder of the Irish Ogham Trees:
'The Celtic meaning of the Alder deals with giving and nurturing among the sacred Ogham for many reasons.
Namely, its root system provides rich nutrients to the soil, more so than other trees. The alder can successfully restore poor soil conditions back to healthy Ph levels.
Primarily a wetlands and swamp tree, the alder's root system is often submerged in watery areas. As such, the Celts observed their roots serving as intricate shelter systems to fish, specifically trout and salmon. Further, the alder's leaves easily decompose in the water providing rich nutrients to all manner of water creatures.
These acts of generosity and shelter against harsh conditions can be translated in our own lives. By simply standing firm in our own positive environment, we can affect those around us in positive ways. By emitting our signals of tranquility, and peace, we are enhancing the lives of others just be sheer association.
Although it is primarily associated with the element of water, the alder gracefully crosses into the realm of air and fire as well.
For example, ancient legend indicates the wood of the young alder is traditionally used for crafting whistles, pan flutes and recorders. This establishes the alder's claim to the air element.
Within the realm of fire, the alder's coloring transmutes into a fiery orange after it is cut, indicating to the Celts that the alder secretly harbors sacred flame within its flesh. To prove the point, the alder (although a poor firewood) makes a pristine grade of charcoal, and was perfect for steadily hot conditions utilized to forge fine Celtic weaponry.
In this respect the alder reminds us that we have hidden powers within us that if tapped, provide magnificent resources that allow us to live out our highest ideals.'
Alder will bring awareness, inner confidence, emotional strength and grace.
The Alder flower essence promotes clarity of perception on all levels; helps us integrate seeing with knowing so that we can recognize our highest truth in each life experience.